To use the Ethernet port of LandingZone, you need to install a software driver.
For LandingZone 2.0 PRO or LandingZone DOCK
Gigabit Ethernet driver for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.10 (Yosemite)
Download Gigabit Ethernet Driver Version 2.4.0
Not what you’re looking for? See other drivers
How to Install
Remove your MacBook computer from the docking station before installing any Ethernet driver onto Mac OS X. Once you are undocked from the LandingZone, follow the instructions below.
For OS X 10.6 to 10.10 (Yosemite):
- Once the file AX88179_178A_€¦ download is done, double-click it to open the file folder.
- Double-click €œAX88179_178A.dmg€ and the €œDisk Image€ device will appear on the Desktop of your Mac OS X system under Devices. (This €œDisk Image€ device will auto-remove after you reboot Mac OS X at the end of the installation.).
- For OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), the installation is a bit more complex since Gatekeeper is active for OS X 10.8. Follow the instructions on Apple’s site to disable Gatekeeper, an application which prevents software installations from going on outside of the App store: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290
- Double-click €œAX88179_178A_v2.0.10.pkg€ and a driver setup dialog will appear. Click the [Continue] button to start the installation operation and follow instructions to continue the installation.
- Click Install to continue the operation. You might need to enter your personal computer username and password during this step based on your personal computer settings and not the driver.
- If your computer is not password protected you will immediately see the following.
- Click [Continue Installation] to continue with the driver installation.
- Restart the Mac OS X system by clicking [Restart] for the driver to take effect.
- After booting up your Max OS X system, plug in your Ethernet cable. Look at the Network Settings in the System Preferences and Ethernet connection looks like €œUSB Gigabit Ethernet€ as in the image below.
- If it is not shown, add the interface by using €œ+€ in €œNetwork€ configuration.
- The interface connection should display €œConnected€ and should show its IP address, router, subnet mask, DNS server, and Search Domain.
Installation is now complete and the AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet driver should now be established!
If you experience any issues with Ethernet or have any questions during these steps, please feel free to contact email@example.com.